Ayam Kampung Lodho
Creamy roasted spicy chicken
2 sereh / lemongrass, white portion
2 cm jahe
2 salam leaf
2 jeruk purut leaves
10 red rawits
1 tsp salt
1 tbps palm sugar
400 ml coconut milk
400 ml water
3 tbsp oil
5 cloves of garlic
1 tsp ketumbar
1/4 tsp jinten
5 red rawits
2 red lomboks
Cut the chicken into 10 pieces and roast it over a charcoal fire until brown and set aside.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Heat in a pan the oil and fry the bumbu with the sereh, the jahe, the salam and the jeruk purut for 4 minutes.
Add the chicken, the rawits, the salt and the palm sugar and mix well. Then add the water and cook the chicken until done.
Then add the coconut milk and simmer slowly until the sauce has thickened.
- Sam Kie Tie (Peranakan) - stewed pork with salted cabbage
- Sue Rong Hai - grilled beef with a spicy sauce
- Hui Guo Rou - Twice cooked pork
- Watar Kawahuk - corn with coconut
- Sayur Kangkung Kuah Bening - stewed kangkung with beans in spicy sauce
- Nasi goreng Jawa - fried rice from Java with cabbage and chicken
- Kacang telor - fried peanuts