- Sate printil bakar - satay spiced meatballs
- Pindang tulang - spiced braised ribs
- Ayam Kelak Bage - chicken soup from Mataran
- Kalio Ikan Tenggiri - fried fish in spiced creamy sauce
- Ikan Kecap Manis - fish in sweet soy sauce
- Ati Ampela Tumis Kecap - fried chicken livers in kecap sauce
- Hati Sapi Masak Kecap Gurih liver in creamy fragrant sauce
Sate daging bumbu smoor - stewed grilled beef satay
Sate daging bumbu smoor
stewed grilled beef satay
300 ml of water
2 salam leaves
2 cm los/galangal
3 tbsp kecap manis
1 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
5 cloves garlic
2 cm jahe
3 kemiri (candlenuts)
1/2 tsp shrimp paste
1/4 tsp jinten
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tbsp Bawang Goreng
Cut the meat into small pieces and tomato wedges. Roast the kemiri and trasi. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat in a wok / wadjan the oil and fry the paste for 3 minutes with the galangal, lemon grass and the salam. Add the meat and cook until browned. Then add the tomato, kecap, salt, palm sugar and the water and cook the meat slowly until done.
Thread the meat on the skewers and grill slowly over a charcoal fire and brush regularly with the sauce.
Sprinkle the bawang goring on top and serve.
- Written by AsianCook