Arroz Caldo Con Pollo
chicken soup with rice and ginger
500 gr chicken
150 gr rice (uncooked)
5 cm jahe/ginger
1 bulb of garlic
150 ml of water
1 1/2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp pepper
1 spring onion
4 tbsp oil
Chop the garlic fine, cut the spring onion into thin slices, the ginger into thin slices and the meat in pieces. Cut the onion into cubes.
Heat in a pan 2 tablespoons of oil and fry half the garlic for 1 minute. Add the onion and the ginger and fry until the onion has glazed. Then add the rice and fry for 5 minutes. Add the water and bring to the boil. Add the chicken and simmer for 30 minutes until the rice and the chicken are cooked. Then add the fish sauce and simmer for another 2 minutes.
Heat in a pan 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the remaining garlic until crispy. Drain and set aside.
Spoon the soup into bowls and add the pepper, garnish the soup with the fried garlic and spring onion and serve wit slices of lime.
- Rendang Daging Giling - rendang of meatballs
- Mi Ga Ti
- Tumis Bayam Kembang Tahu - stewed spinach with tahu
- Hati Garo Rica - spicy liver from North Sulawesi
- Tumis Tempe Kecap Manis - fried tempe with a kecap sauce
- Ayam Bakar Hitam Manis - fried caramelized chicken
- Barobbo - corn porridge with vegetables from Sulawesi
Arroz Caldo Con Pollo - chicken soup with rice and ginger
- Written by: AsianCook