姜汁菠菜 - spinach in a ginger sesame sauce
450 gr spinach
1 tbsp goji berries / wolfberry
1 tbsp chopped carrot
1/2 tbsp sesame seed
1 tbsp spring onion, sliced
1/2 tsp sesame oil
3 cm ginger
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp vinegar
Mince the ginger and mix with water and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Then add the remaining ingredients and set aside.
Heat in a pan the water together with the sesame oil and bring to the boil. Then add the spinach with the goji berries and the carrot and cook for 30 seconds. Drain and gently squeeze out the water.
Mix the spinach and the berries/carrot with the dressing, the sesame seed and the spring onion and serve.
- Ikan Ceng Cuan - braised ginger fish
- Daging Masak Kuning - beef in a slightly yellowish sour sauce
- Soto Ambengan - a hearty chicken soup
- Dadar Telur Kacang Tanah - seasoned omelette with peanuts
- Ayam Pangupa - Spicy roasted chicken
- Tahu goreng tempe manis tempung - spicy fried tempe and tahu
- Pepes Ayam - in bananleaf steamed spicy chicken