Fried shrimp with salt and pepper - 椒盐 虾
Ingredients Jio Yan:
1 tsp of whole sichuan peppercorns
1/2 star anise
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 tsp anise seed
4 tsp salt
300 gr shrimp/prawns
3 tbsp cornstarch / taopica
3 red lomboks
3 green lomboks
8 cloves of garlic
4 cm jahe/ginger
1 spring onion
Heat in pan and roast over low heat the Sichuan pepper, star anise, sesame seeds, aniseed and salt and stir regularly. When the salt becomes dark, pound or grind the ingredients fine.
Clean the shrimp in running water and then pat it dry. Roll the shrimps through the cornstarch.
Heat in a pan enough oil and add the shrimps and fry them until theay are pink and crispy. Remove the shrimp from the pan and leave a thin layer of oil.
Chop the shallots, lomboks, garlic and jahe fine and finely chop the spring onion. Heat the pan again and add the shallots, lomboks, garlic and jahe and fry on medium high for 1 minute. Then add the shrimp and 1 tsp of the jio yan (more to taste) and mix well. Then mix in the spring onion and serve.
- Ayam Kampung Lodho - Creamy roasted spicy chicken
- Cah pokcoy taoge - paksoy with fried tofu and bean sprouts
- Gai Sai Takrai
- Tetelan Bumbu Petis - stewed and spicy beef
- Gulai Masam Udang Gala - Prawns in a spicy curry
- Soto Ayam Ambengan - Chicken soup from Surabaya
- Sambel Goreng Kuwah - minced meat with bean in spicy sauce