1800 gr duck
1750 ml boiling water
4 tbsp clear honey
2 tsp kecap manis (dark sweet soy sauce)
2 tbsp sesame oil
125 ml hoisin
125g caster sugar
125 ml water
carrot strips, to garnish
Chinese pancakes, sliced cucumber and springonions , as side dish
Place the duck on a rack over a roasting pan and pour 1200 ml of boiling water. Then discard this water and pat the duck dry with paper towels. Then put the duck on the rack and leave for a few hours.
Mix the honey, the rest of the water and the soy sauce and brush the duck both inside and out with this mixture. Keep remaining mixture. Let the duck still stand for 1 hour, until the glaze becomes dry. Brush the duck with the mixture Once more, let the duck dry and follow all these steps until all glaze is used.
Heat the oil, add the hoisin sauce, sugar and water and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes until it has thickened.
Then fry the duck for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 190 ° C, turn the duck over and cook the duck for another 20 minutes. Again turn and fry the duck in 20-30 minutes until done and crunchy. Next, remove the duck from the oven and let the duck rest for 10 minutes.
Preheat the pancakes in a steamer, cut the skin and the meat into strips, garnish with carrot strips and serve with the pancakes, the sauce, the sliced cucumber and pieces of springonions.
- Babi Fricasse - pork with vegetables
- Martabak Telor
- Kambing Mekuah - spicy lamb in a creamy sauce
- Kari Ayam - fragrant chicken stewed in coconut milk
- Tongkol bumbu Kemiri - skipjack tuna in candlenut sauce
- Ayam Masak Aceh
- Kailan Tumis Udang - stir-fry of kailan with shrimp
- Cakalang pedas - spicy tuna
- Ayam Tangkap Aceh - fried chicken with curry from Aceh
- Rendang Ayam Kentang - in coconut milk braised chicken with potatoes
- Copyright: F.M. Wiedenhoff-AsianCook