Khao Phat Prik
spicy fried rice with pork and prawns
500 gr cold steamed rice
1 red lombok
1 green lombok
1 tbsp red curry paste (see recipe)
250 gr pork (shoulder)
500 gr shrimp/prawns
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 tbsp fish sauce
6 spring onion
5 sprigs of coriander
4 tbsp oil
red lomboks, finely chopped
Cut the shallots into thin slices. Slice the lomboks into thin rings. Cut the meat into small pieces. Peel and clean the shrimp/prawns, chopping smaller if necessary. Finely chop the spring onion and coriander. Beat the eggs. Mix the salt and pepper into the eggs.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots and the lomboks for 3 minutes. Then add the curry paste and fry until the oil is released. Then add the meat and fry until it changes color. Then add the shrimp and fry it for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
Then add the rice and fry it while stirring until it is completely cooked. Slide the rice to the side and add the eggs. When it starts to set, mix it with the rice and fry until the eggs are done. Then mix in the fish sauce and the spring onion.
Garnish with the coriander leaf, lomboks and lime wedges and serve.
- Gai Kor Rae - thai chicken sate
- Ikan Nila Campur Jamur - Steamed tilapia with shiitake
- Gulai Ayam - Chicken in a curry sauce
- Tumis Polleng - braised shrimp in coconutmilk
- Daging Masak Bali - spicy fried strips of beef
- Ayam Woku Balanga (Manado) - spicy fried chicken in green
- Ayam Paprik - spicy stir-fried chicken with paprika/bell pepper