Sayur Lodeh Petai
vegetables stewed in coconut milk with petai
30 petai / peteh beans
150 labu siam / chayote
2 salam leaves
2 cm lengkuas / galangal
800 ml coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
3 tbsp oil
6 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp ketumbar
1 tsp palm sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Cut the carrot into thin slices. Cut the chayote julienne. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the salam and laos for 5 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and bring it to the boil while stirring. Then lower the heat.
Then add the chayote, the petai and the carrots and mix well. Cook it while stirring until tender and until the coconut milk has thickened. Serve.
- Sayur Santan Brokoli - broccoli in a seasoned coconut milk sauce
- Dendeng Kecap
- Iga Kambing Masak Lapis - seasoned in coconut milk braised lamb
- Kenus Mebase Bali - fried squid as from Bali
- Capcay Goreng Lada Hitam - chop suey with black pepper
- Udang Paprika Kapri Manis - fried shrimps with peppers and snow peas
- Ayam Ati Buncis - chickn livers with beans