Sayur Lodeh Petai
vegetables stewed in coconut milk with petai
30 petai / peteh beans
150 labu siam / chayote
2 salam leaves
2 cm lengkuas / galangal
800 ml coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
3 tbsp oil
6 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp ketumbar
1 tsp palm sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Cut the carrot into thin slices. Cut the chayote julienne. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu together with the salam and laos for 5 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and bring it to the boil while stirring. Then lower the heat.
Then add the chayote, the petai and the carrots and mix well. Cook it while stirring until tender and until the coconut milk has thickened. Serve.
- Gurami Kuah Pucung - fried fish in a spicy sauce
- Mesre Daging - fried spiced beef from Bali
- Gang Head
- Yu Xiang Rou Si - 鱼香 肉丝 - spicy pork with garlic sauce
- Kerang Dara Kunyit - Spicy stewed mussels
- Rawon Bebek - dark meat soup with duck
- Sayur Oyong Bumbu Terasi - oyong with spinach stewed in coconut milk