Sayur Terung Medan
stewed seasoned eggplant
250 gr terung medan / long thin green eggplant
2 salam leaf
2 cm lengkuas / galangal
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
4 tbsp tauco asin
1/2 tsp palm sugar
150 gr shrimp
800 ml chicken broth
5 belimbing sayur / star fruit
4 cloves of garlic
7 green lomboks
2 red lomboks
3 tbsp oil
Cut the shallots, the garlic and the lomboks into thin slices. Cut the aubergine into strips and the belimbing into slices.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots, garlic, lomboks, salam, laos and serai for 5 minutes.
Then add the tauco, the palmsugar and the prawns and fry until they change colour. Then add the stock and bring to the boil.
Then add the aubergine and the belimbing and cook it until done.
- Ayam Bakar Bumbu Rujak - grilled in spicy coconut milk braised chicken
- Aubergines with minced meat - Chinese stir-fry
- Peyek Bayam Jogja - fried spinach from Jogjakarta
- Gulai Rebung Asli Padang - Curry of bamboo shoots from Padang
- Semur Dadar Teri Polong - Omelet with anchovy and peas in spicy sauce
- Momoh Tempe - tempe stewed in spiced coconut milk
- Tumis Bokcoy Hati Ayam - stir-fry of bokcoy with chicken livers