Semur Patin Berempah
fried stewed fish in dark sauce
750 gr (pieces) of ikan patin / catfish / pike
4 tbsp lime, juice
1/2 tsp salt
4 cloves of garlic
3 cm jahe/ginger
4 cm cinnamon
1000 ml of water
6 tbsp kecap manis
1 tsp ketumbar
1/2 tspn nutmeg
1/2 tsp jinten/cumin
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
4 red lomboks
4 green tomatoes
Cut the fish into 3 pieces and rub it with the lime juice and the salt and let it marinate for 15 minutes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the fish until done and set aside.
Cut the shallots, the garlic and the jahe into thin slices. Halve the lomboks and dice the tomatoes.
Heat in a pan 4 tbsp oil and fry the shallots, garlic, jahe, cinnamon and cloves for 5 minutes. Then add the water, the ketumbar, the nutmeg, the jinten, the pepper and the salt and bring to the boil.
Then add the fish and bring to the boil again. Then add the lomboks, the tomatoes and the kecap and mix well. Bring it back to the boil and serve.
- Gulai Itik (Padang) - duck in green pepper sauce
- Udang Pedas Manis - Shrimp in spicy and sweet sauce
- Bakwan Udang - seasoned shrimp/prawns fritters
- Sambal Rebus - Boiled sambal/chili sauce
- Koa Rad Nha Guong Sauce Garthream - fried prawns/shrimp in garlicsauce
- Sambal Tauco Labu Siam - spicy stewed chayote with tauco
- Ayam Suwir Kelapa Sangrai - spiced chicken with coconut