Udang Goreng Bumbu Asam
fried marinated prawns with a ginger sambal
500 gr large shrimp/prawns
2 tbsp asam water
9 cloves of garlic
1/2 sp pepper
1 tsp salt
3 red lomboks
2 cloves of garlic
1 cm jahe/ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
Clean the shrimps, remove the head and cut the shrimps in half but not through. Finely chop the garlic. Cut the lomboks and garlic for the sambal finely and grate the jahe.
Mix the shrimp with the asam water, the garlic, the pepper and the salt and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shrimp/prawns until golden brown and done and serve with the sambal.
Sambal: mix together the ingredients for the sambal. Let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Martabak Durian - durian filled pancakes
- Hu Pi Jian Jiao - 虎皮 尖椒 - fried chili peppers with garlic
- Sayap Ayam Manis Pedas - sweet fried spicy chicken wings
- Kailan Ayam Tomat - Stir fry of kailan with chicken
- Sambal Goang - raw sambal from Sunda
- Spicy lamb with cumin - 孜然 羊肉
- Dendeng Kelam - thin slices fried beef