Opor Ayam Goreng
fried chicken stewed in coconut milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 cloves of garlic
1 serai / sereh / lemongrass
4 jeruk purut leaves
2 salam leaves
500 ml coconut milk (from 1/2 coconut)
1/2 tsp palm sugar
1 tbsp bawang goreng
5 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp ketumbar
1/2 tsp pepper
3 kemiri nuts
2 cm jahe
1 cm kencur
2 cm kunyit
Cut the chicken into 4 pieces. Puree the garlic. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Rub the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic and let it marinate for 25 minutes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken until golden brown.
Heat in a pan some of the used oil and fry the bumbu together with the serai, the salam and the jeruk purut for 5 minutes.
Then add the coconut milk and palm sugar and bring to the boil while stirring.
Then add the chicken and continue cooking on low heat until the sauce has thickened. Sprinkle the bawang goreng on top and serve.
- Udang Bumbu Asam - fried shrimp/prawns on Moluccan way
- Daging Jamur - beef with a mushroom sauce
- Bihun Goreng Udang - noodles with shrimp
- Cah Taoge ayam - fried chicken with bean sprouts
- Gulai Hijau Itik - duck in a green curry
- Udang Bakar Kecap - roasted marinated prawns
- Koloke - fried chicken in a sweet-sour sauce with pineapple