Liang Mian - 凉面
cold noodles with a Sichuan dressing
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp Sichuan pooper
1 star anise
4 tbsp hot water
1 chicken thigh
100 gr noodles
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp black rice vinegar
1/2 tsp palm sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp chilli oil
1/4 tsp Sichuan pepper oil
ingredients for garnish:
150 g cucumber
1 spring onion
2 red lomboks
1 tbsp peanuts
Chop the garlic and mix it with the Sichuan pepper, the star anise and the water and let it soak. Steam the chicken for 20 minutes until done and set aside.
Heat the water in a pan and cook the noodles al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water and let it drain. Spoon it into a bowl and mix in the sesame oil.
Shred the chicken. cut the cucumber juliene, the spring onion fine and the lomboks into thin strips. Mix this with the noodles. Remove the pepper, garlic and star anise from the water and pour the water over the noodles.
Mix the ingredients for the dressing well and mix it with the noodles. Chop the coriander coarsely and sprinkle this with the peanuts over the noodles and serve.
- Ayam Dimasak Putih - spiced chicken stewed in coconut milk
- Tumis Buncis Jamur Merang - stewed green beans with mushrooms
- Empal Asem Ciribon - braised beef in slightly acidic sauce from Ciribon
- Sambal Goreng Cabai - spicy stir-fry of lomboks and shrimps
- Oseng-oseng Sayur - fried vegetables with beef
- Buah Kacang Mekuah - slowly cooked snake beans
- Semur Udang - stewed fragrant shrimp/prawn in a dark sauce