Chicken wings with white pepper - 胡椒鸡翅
10 chicken wings
7 cm jahe / ginger
1 tbsp white peppercorns
300ml hot water
2 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
sprigs of chives, chopped
2 red lomboks, finely chopped
Cut the wings into 3 pieces. Crush/bruise the peppercorns. Grate the jahe. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the pepper and the jahe for 2 minutes. Then add the chicken and fry until brown while stirring.
Then add the water, soy sauce and salt and bring to the boil. Then simmer for 15 minutes on low heat and covered. Then stir briefly and let it simmer for another 10 minutes while covered.
Sprinkle the chives and the lomboks on top and serve.
- Gulai Itik (Padang) - duck in green pepper sauce
- Udang Pedas Manis - Shrimp in spicy and sweet sauce
- Bakwan Udang - seasoned shrimp/prawns fritters
- Sambal Rebus - Boiled sambal/chili sauce
- Koa Rad Nha Guong Sauce Garthream - fried prawns/shrimp in garlicsauce
- Sambal Tauco Labu Siam - spicy stewed chayote with tauco
- Ayam Suwir Kelapa Sangrai - spiced chicken with coconut