See Jup Ngau Yook
fried beef in a black bean sauce
500 gr beef
1 1/2 tbsp black beans
3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
4 tbsp beef stock (see recipe)
1 tsp palm sugar
1 tsp cornflour + 2 tbsp water
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp oil
Cut the meat into very thin slices. Cut the garlic into thin slices. Mash the black beans and mix in the soy sauce, stock and palm sugar.
Heat the oil and sesame oil in a pan and fry the meat until it changes color. Then add the garlic and fry it. Then add the bean mixture and bring to a boil.
Then stew on low heat and covered for 5 minutes. Then mix in the dissolved cornstarch and stir until the sauce has thickened. serve.
- Babi Fricasse - pork with vegetables
- Ayam Setan - devil's chicken
- Hati sapi tumis bombay - fried liver with onions
- Hati Sapi Masak Kalio - liver in spicy coconut milk sauce
- Gado Gado - mixed vegetables with peanutsauce
- Sambal Cabe Ijo Padang - green sambal from Padang
- Luukschin Priau Wan - meatballs in sweetsour sauce