Cah Tempe Caisim
stir-fry of tempe with choisam
300 g tempe
5 stems caisim / choisam
4 cloves of garlic
3 red cabai keriting (curly cayenne pepper)
2 green cabai keriting
2 tsp fish sauce
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp palm sugar
150 ml of water
1/2 tsp sesame oil
Cut the tempe into thin strips. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tempe until brown and set aside. Cut the caisim into pieces. Coarsely chop the cabai and the garlic.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the garlic and cabai for 2 minutes. Then add the tempe and mix well.
Then add the caisim, fish sauce, salt, pepper and palm sugar and mix well.
Then add the water and bring to the boil and cook until done. Mix in the sesame oil and serve.
- Sam Kie Tie (Peranakan) - stewed pork with salted cabbage
- Sue Rong Hai - grilled beef with a spicy sauce
- Hui Guo Rou - Twice cooked pork
- Watar Kawahuk - corn with coconut
- Sayur Kangkung Kuah Bening - stewed kangkung with beans in spicy sauce
- Nasi goreng Jawa - fried rice from Java with cabbage and chicken
- Kacang telor - fried peanuts