Sate Godok Aceh
Beef sate without skewers from Aceh / Atjeh
500 gr beef
500 ml coconut milk
2 jeruk purut leaves
2 salam leaves
1 sereh / lemongrass
2 tbsp asam/tamarind water
2 tbsp kecap manis
1 tnsp palm sugar
1 tsp salt
250 gr peanuts, roasted and ground
4 tbsp oil
10 red lomboks
4 cloves garlic
3 cm jahe
3 cm laos
1 tbsp ketumbar
1 tsp peppercorns
1 tsp jinten
1 tsp anise
2 tablespoons bawang goreng
Cut the meat into pieces of 3 cm. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste.
Heat in a pan the oil and fry the bumbu for 3 minutes. Then add the sereh, the salam and the jeruk purut and fry 2 minutes more. Then add the meat and fry until the meat is no longer pink.
Then add the coconut milk, the asam water, the kecap, the salt and the palm sugar and bring to the boil. Then simmer for about 50 minutes until the meat is cooked and tender. Then add the peanuts and stir until the oil is released and the sauce has thickened.
Sprinkle the bawang goreng on top and serve.
- Serundeng Kacang Tanah - spiced coconut with peanuts
- Sambal Goreng Kacang Merah - red beans with liver in spicy creamy sauce
- Panggang Belanga - Roasted spiced beef
- Tengkleng Klewer - Stew of lamb
- Krengsengan Kambing - stew of spiced lamb/goat
- Ayam Bumbu Rujak Dua - chicken stewed in spiced coconut milk
- Opor Terong Pedas - eggplant stewed in spicy coconut milk