Eggplant with plum sauce - 苏梅酱茄子
1 eggplant (large - 400 gr)
1 1/2 tbsp Chinese plum sauce (苏梅酱)
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp Shaoxing rice wine
1 tsp water
6 cloves of garlic
2 cm jahe
2 spring onions
1-2 red lomboks
1 tbsp water
Cut the aubergine into pieces and steam for 4 minutes and set aside. Mix the plum sauce with the soy sauce, rice wine and water and set aside. Cut the lomboks into thin strips. Finely chop the spring onion. Grate the jahe and cut the garlic into thin slices.
Heat the oil in a pan over high heat and fry the jahe and garlic for 10-15 seconds. Then add the eggplant and fry until brown on all sides.
Then add the mixed plum sauce, the spring onion and the lomboks over a low heat and mix well. serve.
- Telur Balado Hijau - eggs in green pepper sauce
- Garang Jamur - Mushroom in banana leaf
- Gaeng Khiew Wan Gai
- Ayam Goreng Mentega - fried chicken in a butter-kecap sauce
- Semur Telur - fragrant egg stew
- Semur Ayam Pedas Manis - sweet and spicy chicken stew
- Sambal Goreng Buncis - spicy green beans with chicken livers