Steamed chicken with shiitake - 香菇蒸鸡
500 gr chicken thighs
9 dried shiitake mushrooms
6 cm jahe/ginger
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp shaoxing rice wine
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1/8 tsp white pepper
1 tsp cornflour
4 red rawits
1 spring onion
Soak the shiitake in water for 12 hours and then drain. Cut the chicken into pieces. Finely chop the rawits and the spring onion.
Mix the chicken with all ingredients except the shiitake and the rawits and let it marinate for 15 minutes. Then mix in the shiitake and rawits.
Then steam it for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the spring onion on top and serve.
- Tumis Bayam Dan Oyong - Spicy spinach with cucumber
- Jamur Merang Goreng Kemangi - fried mushrooms with kemangi
- Ayam bakar kupang - grilled chicken in fragrant coconut milk sauce
- Nam Chim Kai - sweet and sour chili sauce
- Gruy Hurm - Banana cake
- Jongkong Surabaya - steamed rice cake
- Khao Neow Moo Yang