Yan Su Ji
fried chicken with basil and herbs
350 gr chicken thighs
150 gr sweet potato flour
1 bunch of basil
1 tbsp white pepper
1/2 tsp five-spice powder
2 tsp salt
1/4 tspp curry powder
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp of beer
1/8 tsp five-spice powder
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp white pepper
1 tbsp palm sugar
2 tsp salt
Cut the meat into pieces. Mix the ingredients for the marinade well and then mix in the meat. Leave this for 60 minutes. Then mix half of the flour into the meat.
Put the remaining flour on a plate and roll the meat through it or coat the meat with a thin layer of flour.
Heat the oil in a pan to 170gr. Then add the meat and fry it for 3 minutes and until golden brown. Set aside for 3 minutes.
Heat the oil to 150gr. and then add the basil. Then let the oil get hot and add the meat and fry it for 1/2-1 minute. Set aside.
Mix the pepper, the five spices, the salt and the curry together and toast it until it gets fragrant. Sprinkle it over the meat and serve.
- Sam Kie Tie (Peranakan) - stewed pork with salted cabbage
- Sue Rong Hai - grilled beef with a spicy sauce
- Hui Guo Rou - Twice cooked pork
- Watar Kawahuk - corn with coconut
- Sayur Kangkung Kuah Bening - stewed kangkung with beans in spicy sauce
- Nasi goreng Jawa - fried rice from Java with cabbage and chicken
- Kacang telor - fried peanuts