烧鸡 - roasted chicken
1 chicken (1000 gr)
5 cloves of garlic
5 cm jahe/ginger
2 spring onions
1 tbsp Shaoxing wine / rice wine
125 ml soy sauce
1 tbsp of palm sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp 5 spices powder
Clean the chicken and leave it in water for 15 minutes and then drain. Rub the chicken in with the vinegar and allow for 10 minutes to rest and then dry the chicken.
Cut the garlic and the jahe finely and spring onion into small pieces. Mix the marinade ingredients thoroughly and marinate the chicken with it and let it rest for 48 hours. Regularly turn the chicken.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and allow it to dry on a oven rack at room temperature. Takes about 2 and 4 hours. The skin then thightens around the chicken.
Heat an oven at 200 degrees and roast the chicken for 30 minutes. Lower the temperature to 120 degrees and roast the chicken for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes. Serve the chicken with a sauce of your choice.
- Botok Tempe - steamed spicy tempe
- Garu Balanga - braised shin of beef in spicy sauce
- Ayam Setan - devil's chicken
- Tumis Mayosi Sawi Asin - stir-fry of bean sprouts and salted cabbage
- Ayam bakar Bumbu kelapa - roasted chicken with coconut dressing
- Dengdeng Surabaja - cooked beef
- Cumi Tumis Cabai Hijau - calamares with green peppers (sauce)