Sayur Taoco Medan
tahu with shrimps in a spicy sauce
400 g tahu/tofu
250 gr shrimp/prawns, cleaned
2 snake/long beans
1 tbsp taoco medan
1/2 tsp salt
15 green lomboks
6 cloves of garlic
10 red rawits
3 salam leaf
9 petai/peteh beans
Cut the tahu into cubes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tahu until golden brown and set aside. Cut the snake beans into pieces. Cut the lomboks, the shallots and the garlic into thin slices and pound or grind the rawits into a paste. Halve the petai beans.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the shallots together with the garlic, the salam, the lomboks and the petai for 5 minutes.
Then add the shrimps, the tahu and the rawits and mix well. then add the water and bring to a boil. Then add the snake beans and the taoco and mix well and cook until done. Mix in the salt and serve.
- Tumis Bayam Dan Oyong - Spicy spinach with cucumber
- Jamur Merang Goreng Kemangi - fried mushrooms with kemangi
- Ayam bakar kupang - grilled chicken in fragrant coconut milk sauce
- Nam Chim Kai - sweet and sour chili sauce
- Gruy Hurm - Banana cake
- Jongkong Surabaya - steamed rice cake
- Khao Neow Moo Yang