Daging Pindang Surakarta
beef in a dark creamy sauce
500 gr of beef
400 ml coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
2 salam leaf
2 keluwak / kluwak, soaked
5 cloves of garlic
1 tsp palmsugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ketumbar
1/2 tsp jinten
Cut the meat into cubes. Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Mix the keluwak through the bumbu.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bumbu for 5 minutes. Then add the salam and the meat and cook until the meat changes colour.
Then add the coconut milk and cook the meat over low heat until done.
- Dadar Kare - omelette with spicy sauce
- Acar Sayur - atjar/acar/ pickle of vegetables
- Juhi Tabur Kelapa - dry fried seasoned cuttlefish
- Nasi Uduk Hijau - green colored rice
- Gang Mu Tay Po - pineapple and pork curry
- Tumis Jamur Lokio - fried mushrooms with chives
- Ayam Tumis Weijen - Stir-fry of chicken with sesame seed