- Udang Goreng Mentega - shrimp fried in butter
- Ikan Masak Air Garam - Bonito with starfruit in salty water
- Mi Rebus Aceh (Aceh) - yellow noodles with vegetables and meat
- Soto Daging - spicy beef soup
- Palai Bada - whitebait with herbs grilled in banana leaf
- Ikan layur masak balado - red fried largehead hairtail
- Ikan goreng pandan - grilled spiced fish in pandan leaf
Talas Goreng - spicy fried taro balls
spicy fried taro balls
100g chicken mince
1 spring onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cm jahe
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp palm sugar
2 tbsp water
1 1/2 tbsp tauco
Cut the taro very finely, cut the onions finely and chop the garlic. Grate the jahe.
Knead the taro with 1 teaspoon salt and let stand for 15 minutes. Mix the taro with the minced meat, spring onion, garlic, jahe, salt, pepper and palm sugar. Mix in the tauco, the cornstarch and water. Form 15 balls of the mixture. Heat in a pan the oil and deep fry the meatballs until golden brown and done.
Serve with a delicious sambal sauce.
- Written by AsianCook