- Hu Pi Jian Jiao - 虎皮 尖椒 - fried chili peppers with garlic
- Balado Terong - eggplant with a green chili sauce
- Nasi Siram Kikil - fried rice with fragrant beef
- Krengsengan Tulang Iga Sapi - ribs in spicy sauce
- Ayam Kecap Padang - fried chicken with spiced kecap
- Inihaw Na liempo - roasted pork (pork belly) with dip
- Tumis Jamur Lokio - fried mushrooms with chives
Talas Goreng - spicy fried taro balls
spicy fried taro balls
100g chicken mince
1 spring onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cm jahe
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp palm sugar
2 tbsp water
1 1/2 tbsp tauco
Cut the taro very finely, cut the onions finely and chop the garlic. Grate the jahe.
Knead the taro with 1 teaspoon salt and let stand for 15 minutes. Mix the taro with the minced meat, spring onion, garlic, jahe, salt, pepper and palm sugar. Mix in the tauco, the cornstarch and water. Form 15 balls of the mixture. Heat in a pan the oil and deep fry the meatballs until golden brown and done.
Serve with a delicious sambal sauce.
- Written by AsianCook