Suan La Tang - 酸辣汤
hot and sour soup
5 dried shiitake mushrooms
5 g dried wood ear
20 lily buds/sedep malam/tiger lily buds
90 gr pork, lean
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp oil
50 gr carrots
50 gr bamboo shoots
100 g soft tofu/tahu
1000 ml chicken stock (unsalted)
4 tbsp cornflour + 4 tbsp water
3 tbsp black rice vinegar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sesame oil
coriander/spring onion, chopped
First soak the shiitake, the wood ear and then cut it into strips. Also soak the sedep, but then pull it apart lengthwise.
Cut the meat into strips. Mix the meat with the cornflour with the water and then rub it with the oil and set aside.
Cut the carrot, the bamboo shoots and the tofu julienne. Beat the egg
Heat the stock in a pan and bring to a boil. Then add the meat and mix well. Then add the shiitake, the woodear, the sedep, the carrot and the bamboo shoots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Then let it simmer on low heat and mix in the dissolved cornstarch while stirring. When the soup becomes thicker than add the tahu and the egg while slowly stirring.
When the soup comes to the boil again, turn off the heat and mix in the rice vinegar, soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil. Sprinkle the the coriander/spring onion pn top and serve.
- Yang Rou Chuan'r - 羊肉串儿 - satay of lamb
- Sawi Asam Manis - sweet and sour Chinese cabbage
- Pud Makua Yow - stir-fry eggplant with basil and chili
- Daging Campur Pedis - spice beef with corn and bamboo
- Sayap Goreng Manis - sweet fried chicken wings
- Gai Pad Khiaowan - fried chicken with green curry
- Tempe Goreng Kremes - fried tempeh in batter with herbs