Uitgave 2019, pagina's 440, ISBN 978-90-830198-1-9
Kuliner Nusantara - the Indonesian cuisine will be published in different volumes. In each book recipes from one of the cuisines of one or more islands of Indonesia are presented.
This book is available in softcover (printed) or in digital format (pdf). It consist of part 2 of the serie Masakan Nusantara, part 2 Java extended with extra recipes from Surakarta and Semarang.
In part 2 the Javanese cuisine is discussed. In this part around 1100 recipes are included, with a lot of photos, and it covers the entire island.
It is the most densely populated island in Indonesia and that produces many interesting regional cuisines.
From Banten in the west to Banyuwangi in the east. In between there are different regional cuisines such as those of Jakarta, Cirebon, Yogyakarta, Madura and Tegal. In general, the dishes are sweeter than those from Sumatra and less spicy.
Books are for sale in the bookshop or at Amazon.
- Tumis Selada Air - stir fry of watercress with quail eggs
- Singkong kuwa ebi - cassava leaves
- Telor Bumbu Kacang - Eggs in a peanut sauce
- Bakso Goreng Soun Jamur - fried balls with soun and mushrooms
- Ayam Kluyuk - chicken in tomato sauce
- Terik Tempe Tahu - tempe and tahu stewed in spicy coconut milk