roasted spiced tiger prawns
500 gr tiger prawns
1 lime, juice
200 ml chicken broth
1 asam kandis
2 salam leaf
2 jeruk purut leaves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp palmsugar
4 cloves of garlic
2 red lomboks, pitted
1 cm jahe
2 cm kunyit
1/2 tsp ketumbar
Clean the prawns and remove the legs. Mix the prawns with the lime juice and leave for 15 minutes. Then rinse off and drain.
Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu into a paste. Heat in a pan the stock/broth with the bumbu, the asam kandis, the salam and the jeruk purut and bring to the boil.
Then add the prawns, the palmsugar and the salt and stir until the moisture has evaporated. Then roast the prawns over a charcoal fire until brown. Serve.
- Neur Pad Num Mun Hoy - Beef in oystersauce
- Sate padang asli - beef satay with sour sauce
- Cakep Ayam - in banana leaf steamed spiced chicken from Bali
- Rendang Ayam Kentang - in coconut milk braised chicken with potatoes
- Kang Khiew Wan Gai - green chicken curry (2pp)
- Sepat Banang - fried fish with prawns from Sumbawa
- Bakwan Udang - seasoned shrimp/prawns fritters