Edition 2019, pages 270, ISBN 978-90-820666-9-2
Kuliner Nusantara - the culinary Indonesian cuisine will be published in different volumes. In each book recipes from one of the cuisines of one or more islands of Indonesia are presented.
In part 1 the Sumatran kitchen is discussed. 650 recipes are included in this section and cover the entire island. From Aceh in the north to Lampung in the south and from Padang in the west to Belitung in the east. The Sumatran cuisine is spicy and the Padang cuisine is one of the best known. But there are many more and also tasty regional cuisines in Sumatra !.
This book is available in softcover (printed) or in digital format (pdf). It consist of part 2 of the serie Masakan Nusantara, part 2 Java extended with extra recipes from Surakarta and Semarang.
Books are for sale in the bookshop or at Amazon.
- Pindang Iga Bali - Balinese ribs (beef)
- Asem-Asem Buncis (Surakarta) - stewed beans with beef
- Empal Gentong Cirebon - beef in creamy coconut milk sauce from Cirebon
- Sayur Oyong Bersantan - wing cucumber in seasoned coconut milk
- Krengsengan Daging Sapi - beef in a petis (shrimp paste) sauce
- Oseng Caisim Jamur Tiram - Stirfry of choisam with oyster mushrooms
- Ayam Bakar Penyet - Grilled spicy chicken with very spicy sambal